Thomas Regan, M.D.
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
Carla Burns, M.Ed.
Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
Liz Golebieski, M.P.H.
Administrative Program Coordinator
Administrative Program Assistant
The Student Affairs Office provides a great many resources to medical students to ensure a supportive learning environment, offering advising and support for students to grow as future physicians.
Services include advising, programming to enhance professional development, and major school events to celebrate the milestones of medical school. Student Affairs works closely in partnership with other offices throughout the School of Medicine to help students achieve personal and academic success from matriculation, through the residency match process, to graduation.
Services provided in our office include:
- Personal advising
- Academic advising and support
- Letters of recommendation for scholarships and awards
- Compilation of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) support
- Planning and coordination of major events, e.g., orientation, Match, Gold Humanism, and graduation
- Representation for students at academic advancement and promotions meetings
- Summer research and conference travel funding
- Referrals to other resources students may need